E-signature software company DocuSign has released an AI-powered digital verification tool, streamlining the identity verification process for signers and allowing organisations to securely achieve faster completion rates for their most important documents.
Since its inception in 2003, DocuSign has been on a mission to accelerate business and simplify life for companies and people around the world. Today DocuSign helps organisations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements.
DocuSign has now launched ID Verification for EU Qualified, a highly secure and AI-powered digital identity verification (IDV) solution developed entirely in Europe, and applicable to both EU and UK markets. This solution uses advanced AI technology to remotely verify a person’s ID in a quick and easy manner, replacing the need for time-intensive and cumbersome video or in-person checks.
“Europe continues to be a key priority for DocuSign, and the launch of IDV for EU Qualified as a homegrown European solution is yet another sign of our strong commitment to the region,” says Allan Thygesen, Chief Executive Officer, DocuSign. “Trust, security and simplicity are the cornerstones of everything we do, and this latest IDV offering is a perfect example of how we bring these principles to life for our customers.”
Transforming the digital ID verification process
IDV for EU Qualified will transform the digital ID verification process across many industries and markets in Europe and the UK, including:
- Finance: high-value transaction management and financial documents, like loan agreements or payment orders
- Insurance: insurance policies, claim forms, settlement agreements or reinsurance contracts
- Housing: home buying and rental agreements, including witnessing
- Healthcare: prescriptions and healthcare claims
- Employment: HR agreements and employment contracts
Furthermore, it also meets the stringent identity verification requirements necessary to be considered a qualified electronic signature (QES), the most rigorous digital signature standard in the EU and UK. In addition, the solution complies with pan-European identity proofing standards set out by the ETSI who is a European Standards Organization (ESO) and local regional cyber security agencies, like ANSSI in France.
“Today, more and more business transactions occur online. Providing a simple, secure and trusted way of signing important documents virtually is a top priority for DocuSign,” explains Maxime Hambersin, Senior Director of Product Management International at DocuSign. “With this innovative solution, organisations can significantly simplify the ID verification process, offering signers a far more frictionless experience without compromising the high security standards these transactions require.”
DocuSign’s users will now be able to benefit from a better identification experience, with less constraint to comply with video flow, all with a less expensive cost of service. Key features of IDV for EU Qualified include:
- Streamline identification with mobile-first self-service: Signers can complete identity verification in their own time in an intuitive, mobile-friendly interface without waiting for an appointment with a live agent
- Mitigate business risk: AI-enabled liveness detection and selfie comparison help organisations reduce the chance of fraud from deep fakes or identity spoofing
- Comply with QES requirements in the EU and the UK: Digital certificates are attached to every signature, and verification status is recorded in the eSignature Certificate of Completion for audit purposes